Best Cannabis Strains for Health Conditions
Feb 8, 2018 | PurpleGirl
Are you curious as to what the best cannabis strains are for health conditions like chronic pain, depression, MS, and migraines?
If you suffer from a debilitating health condition or chronic illness, starting a new treatment plan or medication regimen can feel overwhelming, especially if your previous treatments have failed to bring you any relief or rest.
The good news is that advancements in scientific research on medical marijuana have made it easier for medical cannabis patients like you to get the relief you need. Cannabis strains are being cultivated to treat specific illnesses and medical conditions like Parkinson’s, breast cancer, and endometriosis as well as provide relief for common symptoms of chronic illnesses such as chronic pain, insomnia, and a loss of appetite. Believe it or not, medical cannabis is now being used to treat obesity, acne, and signs of early aging, too. We now have a much better sense of the best cannabis strains for relieving your symptoms and improving your quality of life.
We’ve compiled a list of the best cannabis strains for health conditions common in the U.S. Let us know what you think of our recommendations in the comments!
Best Cannabis Strains for Health Conditions
- Best cannabis strains for pain. Afghan Kush is legendary for creating a peaceful, meditative state of mind while eliminating tension and pain from the body. Girl Scout Cookies is another well-known cannabis hybrid that is a favorite among chronic pain patients because of its unique ability to deliver serious pain-relief and an electrifying boost of energy.
- Best cannabis strains for nausea, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, and other digestive ailments. A large percentage of Americans suffer from some type of digestive distress at least once in their lives whether its a chronic condition like ulcerative colitis, nausea from motion sickness, or occasional constipation. Sativa-dominant hybrids like Jean Guy and Willie Nelson relieve the painful cramping that often accompanies digestive disorders while giving your spirit and energy a much-needed boost. Hash Plant, an indica, is great for reducing stress, promoting sleep, and fighting digestive inflammation.
- Best cannabis strains for anxiety: CBD-dominant strains are perfect for beginners or anyone whose anxiety is making them a little…well….anxious…. about trying medical cannabis. The subtle THC high gently eases your mind and body while the CBD does the hard work of healing. Try 1:1, Harlequin, or Cannatonic.
- Best cannabis strains for ADHD and ADD. Patients with ADHD will find relief in medical marijuana sativa-dominant strains that boost productivity, mood, and energy, such as Sour Diesel and High CBD strains like AC/DC and Harle-Tsu are excellent for keeping your brain focused and relaxed without making you drowsy.
- Best cannabis strains for PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). High CBD cannabis and CBD dominant hybrids deliver the relaxation and physical healing benefits of medical cannabis without the intense psychoactive effect that comes from strains with higher levels of THC. That’s why strains like Afghani CBD are great for some PTSD patients. However, some PTSD patients prefer the energizing and uplifting effects of sativas or sativa-dominant hybrids like Blue Dream or Pineapple Express. If you aren’t sure, try Strawberry Cough, a gentle sativa that’s energizing without causing anxiety.
- Best cannabis strains for MS (multiple sclerosis). In recent clinical studies, cannabis has shown the potential for reversing nerve damage brought on by diseases like multiple sclerosis. Patients with MS primarily take medical cannabis to relieve common MS symptoms like pain, insomnia, and anxiety. Bouncy sativas like Sojay Haze combat fatigue without clouding the mind, making it a great pick for MS patients during the day but indicas like
- Best cannabis strains for depression: Major depressive disorder is characterized by low levels of serotonin and/or norepinephrine in the brain, which is why patients often find it difficult to even get out of bed in the morning. Medical cannabis strains that are sativa-dominant provide a much-needed uplift in mood and energy to alleviate these symptoms and brighten up the patient’s day, giving them the energy to make even more progress in their recovery. Try Sour Flower, Tangerine, or Green Crack.
- Best cannabis strains for migraines. Migraines are so much more than just headaches. Hybrids like Cookie Jar deliver complete physical relaxation that helps relieve the full suite of migraine symptoms. Sativa-dominant strains like Dream Queen ease nausea and deliver gentle sedation without making you pass out. However, if you’re in enough pain or so exhausted that you want to fall asleep, opt for a true indica like Purple Kush.
- Best cannabis strains for insomnia and sleep: These indicas or indica-dominant hybrids are not recommended for a “wake-and-bake” session for a reason. They are excellent sleep aids, making them a great choice for insomniacs. If you aren’t afraid of “couch lock,” try Grape Ape or Blackberry Kush. If you aren’t after an intense psychoactive experience but do want the soothing and relaxing effects, try a hybrid like White Cheese.
- Best cannabis strains for cancer. Contrary to popular belief, the benefits cannabis gives cancer patients is not limited to alleviating chemo-induced nausea. Because a dozen or so scientific studies have confirmed CBD’s ability to shrink some cancerous tumors, it is being actively studied as a potential cure for cancer. In the meantime, there are plenty of medical cannabis strains to provide cancer patients with pain relief, reduce inflammation, stimulate appetite, restore cell damage and, of course, alleviate nausea.
Want to try a few of these cannabis strains? You can save on cannabis by checking out our online cannabis coupon codes from the best online cannabis brands. We have cannabis promo codes for sativa, indica, hybrids, CBD as well as cannabis accessories, grow tools, and accessories. Check it out!
Don't miss on the biggest deals! Sign up now for FREE.