Unraveling Medical Cannabis in the UK
Jul 31, 2023 | Save On Cannabis
How Much is Medical Cannabis in the UK?
Medical cannabis has gained significant attention in recent years, both for its potential therapeutic benefits and its evolving legal status worldwide. In the UK, the conversation around medical cannabis is nuanced, with a focus on its medical utility and the need for patients to access it safely and legally.
The Importance of Medical Cannabis
Medical cannabis has shown potential in treating various conditions, from chronic pain to epilepsy. However, its use should always be under the guidance of a medical professional. It’s essential to differentiate between recreational cannabis and medical cannabis, as the latter is specifically tailored for therapeutic purposes.
The Total Cost
The cost of medical cannabis in the UK varies based on several factors:
- Strain and Quality: The potency, scent, flavour profile, origin, and cultivation methods of a strain all affect its quality and price. For instance, Weed Caviar is rumoured to be one of the most expensive strains, costing around £1,118 per ounce. In contrast, strains like Pennywise, Bubba Kush, and Northern Lights are more affordable, averaging around £160 per ounce.
- Taxes and Regulations: Medical cannabis in the UK is subject to VAT at the standard rate of 20%. This tax can significantly influence the final price patients pay. Additionally, the regulatory framework around production, distribution, and sale can also impact costs.
- Supply and Demand: The availability of specific strains or products can influence their price. For instance, if a particular strain becomes popular because of its efficacy in treating a specific condition, its increased demand can drive up its price.
- Additional Costs: Beyond the product itself, patients might incur costs for consultations, prescriptions, and any associated paraphernalia or consumption devices.
For those interested in understanding potential pricing and exploring various strains suitable for different medical conditions, it’s essential to research and stay informed. Our site also provides coupons for many online cannabis suppliers in the UK, helping you get the best deals on your purchases.
Why Obtain a Releaf Medical Cannabis Card in the UK?
Having a Releaf Medical Cannabis Card in the UK offers several advantages:
- Legal Protection: The Releaf medicinal cannabis card is designed to identify legitimate medicinal use. It provides protection and peace of mind, especially in the event you are questioned by the police. The card allows you to digitally carry all of your prescription information, and its QR code can be scanned by law enforcement to confirm your legal status regarding medical cannabis possession and consumption.
- Access to Medical Cannabis: The card is included with all Releaf subscriptions, ensuring that users have a convenient way to access their prescription details whenever needed.
- Reducing Stigma: Medical cannabis, despite its benefits, still faces societal taboo and suspicion. Releaf aims to break these barriers by validating medical use through these cards, ensuring patients aren’t discouraged from seeking a potentially effective treatment.
- Security and Privacy: All details regarding your medical cannabis prescription are secured via a passcode, known only to you. This passcode can be provided to the police if you’re stopped, ensuring your privacy and security.
- Quality Assurance: With the Releaf card, you’re assured of the quality and legality of the medical cannabis you’re consuming, differentiating it from potential illicit sources.
To obtain a Releaf Medical Cannabis Card, you can check your eligibility and join the waiting list. Once you have your card, you can subscribe and enjoy the benefits of medical cannabis with peace of mind.
Q: Is medical cannabis legal in the UK?
A: Yes, medical cannabis was legalized in the UK in 2018. However, it’s available only through a prescription from a specialist doctor.
Q: Can I grow my own cannabis if I have a medical card?
A: No, growing cannabis at home remains illegal in the UK, even if you have a medical card.
Q: What conditions qualify for medical cannabis treatment?
A: Conditions like chronic pain, severe epilepsy, and multiple sclerosis might qualify for medical cannabis treatment. However, it’s essential to consult with a specialist to determine eligibility.
This article was not written by Save On Cannabis, all content in the text is not medical advice and does not necessarily present the opinions or statements of our company.
Save On Cannabis is the most trusted source for cannabis discounts and education information. Vetted deals and clearly written articles to help you become a wiser consumer whether focused on the medical or recreational value of cannabis products.
Don't miss on the biggest deals! Sign up now for FREE.